Reaching Teens: Trauma-Informed, Strengths-Based Strategies for Supporting Positive Health, Mental Health, and Behaviors
$35 Individual Registration
Conference Learning Objectives
6 CEUs available for Physicians, Nurses, Social Workers, Counselors and School Counselors. With an opportunity for up to 4 years of credit!
This 6-hour workshop is designed for child welfare workers, juvenile probation officers, school personnel, hospital/clinic personnel, counselors, and social workers. Dr. Ken Ginsburg (M.D., Ms Ed, FAAP, FSAHM) provides attendees with:
- The Seven C’s model of positive youth development and resilience
- A strengths-based approach to combat the demoralization that can paralyze the behavioral change process
- Familiarity with how our “buttons” and body language can trigger traumatized youth
- How to eliminate shame from our interactions with youth, helping them gain confidence by focusing on existing competencies
- Ways to help youth gain control of their decision-making processes
- Stress management strategies to move youth away from self-destructive quick-fixes and towards positive behavioral choices
REGISTER FOR YOUR SEAT TODAY!