Expectant parents and families with children up to age five are supported by a team that celebrates early childhood, providing counseling, case management, basic needs assistance, and early childhood education. Joining us in working with these beloved little ones are Paso del Norte Children’s Development Center and United Way — a great team!
We build a support system for parents to confidently use the effective following practices:
- How to play with your children
- How to effectively use praise, positive attention, and encouragement
- How to use reward & set limits
- How to not engage with challenging behaviors
- Using time-outs to calm down
- Using natural and logical consequences
- Teaching children how to problem solve
- Teaching friendship skills and how to cope with peer problems
- Coping with common behavior problems
We also provide other services that are beneficial for families such as:
- Basic needs
- Child care
- Case Management
- Workshops – hygiene, healthy nutrition, resume writing, interview skills, and many more!