The El Paso Center for Children’s Foster Care Program offers needed therapeutic foster care in a non-institutional setting for children and adolescents of all ages. The program’s services span on broad range of needs from basic care to treatment of severe emotional and behavioral disturbances. Children are given daily attention to work through their problems while their parents undergo counseling until family reunification or adoption can take care.
Our program relies on highly trained and dedicated Professional Treatment Parents to care for these children, teaching them how to make positive changes in their behaviors and their relationships so they may learn to function effectively at home, at school, and in the community.
Support for Parents Includes
- Clinicians, therapists, doctors, teachers and other community professionals to assist children with care, education, and recovery
- Ongoing training sessions based on the nationally accredited “Common Sense Parenting” model, as well as Trauma Informed Parenting to help children heal
- Experienced, educated, and supportive staff members are available by phone for assistance 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- The Center provides each home with a laptop and a fax machine for convenient and secure documentation.
- Phone and Internet reimbursement up to $60 a month.
- Applicants who are literate in Spanish but whose English is limited must present a plan to include someone within the immediate family or a treatment team member who is able to advocate or translate for a client when English is necessary to assure safety or well-being. Confidentiality applies at all times.
- Treatment Parents must live within El Paso County; they must have a telephone; and they must have an insured automobile in compliance with all Texas laws to transport the client to outside activities and appointments.
- Must be at least 25 years of age.
- No criminal history or have proof of rehabilitation.
- No child abuse history.
- Emotionally and physically healthy.
- Home must meet fire and safety guidelines.
- High school diploma or GED.
- US citizens or legal immigrants.
- Criminal background checks for everyone 14 years or older and fingerprints for 14 years or older. This includes frequent visitors.
- Computer literate or willing to receive training
- Have some form of income in the home.
- House must have internet access capability.
Will YOU open your heart and your home to a child in need? There are hundreds of children in foster care in El Paso County, but not enough foster homes to care for all of them. Each of these children entered the foster care system due to abuse or neglect. Some of these children are housed in emergency shelters for months at a time while others are sent to other Texas cities hundreds of miles away due to the shortage of foster homes in El Paso. Currently completing virtual informational sessions! Click HERE to make an appointment Or email Valeria Lerma at email@example.com for additional information.
This program receives annual financial support from the County of El Paso and the TX Department of Family & Protective Services.